How Long To Microwave Hot Pocket?
Dear reader, if you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission to help support the blog - at no extra cost to you. And it never influences our product selection process. Thank you!
Have you ever wondered why hot pockets take longer to cook than other foods? The answer lies in their unique shape.
Hot pocket sandwiches are a staple at lunchtime. They are quick and convenient, but they also tend to take longer to cook than regular sandwiches. This is because bread absorbs heat much faster than meat or vegetables.
To solve this problem, microwave engineers developed a new type of sandwich called the “microwaved hot pocket”. These sandwiches consist of two pieces of bread, filled with cheese, meat, or veggies, then wrapped in foil. When microwaving them, the food cooks evenly without burning the outside.
Microwaves are great at heating food quickly, but they also heat things up pretty well. How long should I cook hot pockets before serving them?
Hot pocket sandwiches are a classic lunchtime treat. They’re quick to prepare and delicious, too. The problem is, microwaving hot pockets isn’t always the healthiest option.
You might want to consider cooking hot pockets instead. This way, you get the same taste without worrying about the microwave overheating your food.
One frozen pocket – The recommended microwave cooking time for Hot Pocket sandwiches is two to four minutes. For a softer sandwich, cook for two minutes.
Two frozen pockets – It takes about 4 minutes (2 minutes if you’re fast) to microwave two Hot Pockets in the Microwave.
Tips for cooking Hot Pockets
Hot Pockets are a favorite snack food for kids and adults alike. They come in various flavors and shapes, and they are usually sold frozen or refrigerated. The question is, how do you cook them?
Hot Pockets are manufactured by Kraft Foods Inc., a subsidiary of Campbell Soup Company. They are also known as Pocket Baked Potato Chips.
You can bake them at home using a microwave oven. Simply place the bag inside the microwave and heat it until warm. Alternatively, you can grill them over a barbecue grill. Just cut open the top of the pouch and grill it over direct heat.
- Be sure to check the wattage of your microwave before cooking any food. Most microwaves are either 1100 or 700 watts, which means they require a two to the four-minute cook time.
- Don’t microwave them on a paper or plastic plate. A paper plate could possibly catch fire and a plastic plate shouldn’t be microwaved because of chemicals.
- If you don‘t have a microwave-proof dish, you can microwave these on parchment paper.
- For best results, cook one at a time.
- Make sure to cook all the pockets all the way through so that the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. To make sure that even cooking, hold the sleeves on the ends and shake them to distribute the hot ingredients evenly.
How do you cook Hot Pockets in the microwave?
- You can safely microwave Hot Pockets and actually, this is the fastest way to cook them, taking less time than an oven or air fryer
- Take the frozen Hot Pockets out of the box and put them into the microwave.
- Put the sleeve on an oven-proof dish and bake Hot Pockets for 2–3 minutes. Cooking time varies depending on the number of Hot Pockets being cooked at once and the wattage of your oven.
- Once cooked through, carefully remove it from the crisping sleeve.
*** It’s important to heat them until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit or 74 degrees Celsius.
How Long To Microwave Hot Pockets
How to microwave hot pockets.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time3 mins
Total Time3 mins
Course: Main Course, Snack
Keyword: hot pocket
- 1 frozen hot pocket
- Open the box and unwrap the frozen Hot Pocket.
- Open up the crisper sleeve and place the Hot Pocket inside the sleeve.
- Put on a microwave-safe plate or piece of parchment paper.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until heated all the way through.
- Carefully remove and serve warm.
Microwaving Hot Pocket is the quickest cooking method and can be done in approximately five minutes. The best way achieves a golden brown, crisp pocket is to bake or air fry.
- High Quality: 10 Best Air Fryer Microwave Combo Countertop White - November 20, 2023
- Expert Picks: 10 Best Microwave Air Fryer Combo Over Range - November 17, 2023
- High Quality: 5 Best Microwave Cake Pans For Baking - November 16, 2023